Hunting the falcon : Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn, and the marriage that shook Europe / John Guy and Julia Fox.
- ISBN: 9780063073449
- ISBN: 0063073447
- Physical Description: xxxiii, 581 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), genealogical tables ; 24 cm
- Edition: First U.S. edition.
- Publisher: New York, NY : Harper, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers, 2023.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 433-550) and index.
Based on new research, this history of Henry VIII's courtship, short union, and brutal execution of Anne Boleyn provides dispels previously held myths about Boleyn's role in the marriage.
Henry VIII's obsessive desire for Anne Boleyn changed him-- and his country-- forever. Guy and Fox set the facts-- and some complete new finds-- into an appreciation of his misunderstood and underestimated women. They explore how Anne organized her "side" on the royal court on novel and (in male eyes) subversive lines compared to her queenly predecessors. Guy and Fox take readers inside a thrilling and tragic story of a marriage that has held enduring fascination over the centuries. -- adapted from jacket
Search for related items by subject
- 8 of 10 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Burnham Library - Bridgewater.
- 3 current holds with 10 total copies.